New Balance 1080
sale price £70.00
What's new? A substantial overhaul for New Balance's flagship neutral running shoe. The biggest changes are a new shape for the upper and more cushioning gel in the midfoot.
We say A light and responsive shoe with the heel support ideal for heavy and high mileage runners.
Our testers loved the bounce provided by the extra 'N-Ergy' cushioning gel. But, in stark contrast to previous models which came up too wide, the 1080 has a slim toebox that may be too tight for wider-footed runners.
Wear testers say "A flexible shoe with good heel support and cushioning, but I found it a little too narrow for total comfort." Clare Wyngard
Miles are no match for NB's premier neutral running shoe! Built for maximum cushioning, performance fit and flexibility, you can count on the 1080's ultimate soft ride and smooth transition from heel to toe. Abzorb® FL and N-ergy® defy whatever pounding you and your next marathon can dish out, keeping you running and feeling great on your feet.
- Seamless Phantom Liner reduces the weight of the shoe plus enhances the comfort and fit
- Entire midsole made of Abzorb® FL provides unique lightweight shock absorption
- STABILITY WEB® delivers midfoot support and reduces the weight of the shoe
- N-ERGY® in the heel provides NB's most advanced shock absorption and cushioning
- Sure Lace™ secure shoe laces provide added midfoot support and keep the shoe snug around the foot
- Abzorb® Strobel Board runs full length of shoe to maximize shock absorption and comfort
- N-Durance® rubber compound for maximum outsole durability
- LIGHTNING DRY® liner keeps your feet dry and comfortable as you train Dual-density Collar uses both a softer density foam against the foot for cushioning, and a firmer density foam for support Blown Rubber Forefoot for lightweight cushioning
- Made In UK (Subject to capacity, all shoes with this feature will be made within the United Kingdom) Synthetic/Mesh upper provides lightweight comfort and support
- Forefoot Flex Grooves allow extreme flexibility
- 360° Reflectivity for added safety